Do you have an iPhone device or any other Apple device that you generally use, If yes, then you must know hot to find Mac Address on iPhone which should be happy that iOS 11 allows all customers to check their MAC Address which is a type of WiFi Address code.
There are different reasons why someone would need access to their MAC Address and one among them would be limiting your access to the WiFi by your university or employer.
On the other hand the MAC Address on your Apple device either on the iPhone, iPad, iPod or Mac can be used to find your device if it is stolen or cannot be accessed due to some problem as well. But it does not hold much value in case you use your home WiFi and your device is connected to it.
One of the important understanding from this article is that MAC Address of any device can be traced back to their recent positions and what the device actions have been over the past period of time over the Internet.
This can be used for any investigation or self analysis purpose but a note is that every device has an auto generated MAC Address which should never be shared with anyone else.
How to check Mac Address on iPhone
Well now the main part of this guide is to find out how to check the MAC address from your Apple Phone, So simply open either your Apple device such as iPod, iPad or ipod Touch and follow the below instructions.
- Open your iPhone and then click on the Settings option
- After that click on General button
- Under General page, Click on About option
- Under the About page you can see the MAC Address under listed as Wi-Fi Address for your Apple Phone
- And this is how you can access the MAC Address for your i Phone device and you can access do the same for any other Apple related device to check their MAC Address.
- How to find iPhone MAC Address before setup
Some people might want to find out their MAC Address before the device is set up but in fact this is not a possible case, and it means that you will only be able to have a specific MAC Address generated once your phone is connected to WiFi once.
- How to Change MAC Address on iPhone
No, you will not be able to change your MAC Address on iPhone or any other Apple related device because this is an auto generated address that cannot be changed otherwise.
- Can’t see full MAC Address on iPhone, What to do?
In order to see the full MAC Address on your iPhone you have to follow the above guide and the address you see under the Wi-Fi Address is your full address.
- Is the WiFi Address the same as the MAC Address on the iPhone?
No, both the WiFi and MAC Address are different not just on iPhone but on any other device as well.