Home entertainment has been transformed by the Amazon Firestick, which puts a huge selection of streaming services and content at your fingers.
Like any electrical gadget, there may, however, occasionally be glitches. An annoying problem that Firestick users could run into is a broken or unresponsive remote.
When you’re in the mood for a movie night or want to browse your favorite shows, it may be rather difficult if your Firestick remote isn’t functioning at all, doesn’t pair with the device, or has other connectivity problems that we are going to discuss in this article.
If you still have issues with your Firestick remote not working, then you can follow the below articles which will help you understand the guides on how you can fix your Firestick not working issue.
Firestick Remote Not Working
So if you own a Fire TV stick remote and want to stream something using it and it does not work, then there could be several reasons why the Firestick remote does not work.
Method 1 – Check the batteries
The remote may not be functioning if the Firestick and it are not connected properly, and Make sure the Firestick is turned on and within the remote’s range. Look for any impediments that might interfere with the remote’s ability to communicate with the Amazon Firestick.
Method 2 – Restart Firestick
The remote may occasionally have software issues or difficulties. Unplug the Firestick from the power source, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in to restart it. This frequently fixes momentary programme problems.
Also Check>>> Amazon Prime Watch History
Method 3 – Pair the remote with the Firestick
The remote may occasionally stop working after losing its connection to the Firestick. Attempt to reconnect the remote and Firestick by using Amazon’s pairing instructions. You can try re-pairing it with the Firestick device. Here’s how:
- Make sure the Firestick is powered on and your TV is displaying the Firestick home screen.
- Press and hold the Home button on the remote for about 10 seconds.
- Release the Home button when you see a message indicating that the remote is in discovery mode.
- Wait for a few moments as the Firestick searches for the remote.
- Once the pairing is successful, you should see a notification on the TV screen.
Method 4 – Reset the remote
You can simply reset the button by removing the batteries and then adding them, then you can restart the remote and it will be reset. If the remote is still not responding, you can try resetting it.
- Remove the batteries from the remote.
- Unplug the Firestick device from the power source.
- Wait for about 30 seconds.
- Plug the Firestick back in and reinsert the batteries into the remote.
- Try pairing the remote again using the steps mentioned earlier.
Method 5 – Still Not Working Contact Amazon Support
If you still have issues with your Firestick remote then you should contact Amazon support and below is the process to do so.
- Visit the Amazon Help & Customer Service website.
- Scroll down and click on “Help” or “Customer Service” at the bottom of the page.
- Under the “Need More Help?” section, click on “Contact Us.”
- Select your Firestick device from the list.
- Choose the specific issue related to your Firestick remote.
- Follow the prompts until you reach the support contact methods.
- Choose the available contact method: phone, email, or chat.
- Provide the necessary details and describe your issue.
- Follow the instructions for the selected contact method to reach Amazon Support.
Fire stick remote not working with new batteries
Make sure the Firestick remote’s batteries are properly installed and charged up. To rule out any power-related problems, consider replacing the batteries, even if they are brand new.
Firestick remote not working no light
Reconnect the Firestick device to the power source after unplugging it and waiting a short while. Temporary malfunctions and connectivity issues can be fixed in this way.
Firestick not working
Make sure there aren’t any physical barriers that could block the signal from the remote to the Firestick device. Any equipment or things that might obstruct the line of sight should be moved.
Fire TV remote app not working
If you have the Fire TV remote app installed on your smartphone, you can try using it as an alternative to control the Firestick.
Fire stick remote will not turn TV on and off or volume
Unplug the Firestick from the power source, wait for a few seconds, and plug it back in. Allow the device to reboot and try using the remote again.
Fire TV remote not pairing
For roughly 10 seconds, press and hold the Home button on the remote control. When the remote switches to discovery mode, let go of it. Watch for the remote to be found and paired by the Firestick.