Now BSNL broadband users (ADSL / FTTH) who are using WiFi modem as well as extension routers are required to know about BSNL modem Malware and the removal steps if attacked, and also must know to keep your modem very much resistant to Malware attacks.
In market, there are many companies (Huawei, Teracom, Syrma, DLink etc) providing WiFi modems, and attackers entered into our network through malwares, and proved with affected Botnet Malware.
Malwares are different types and attackers, sometimes we may lose everything and sometimes just disconnects our internet connection, but it is as per the attack at that time, so we must know how to remove the malware if affected and how to make our BSNL modem resistant to any malware, just have a look at the same.
If affected, it is arduous for BSNL broadband technical staff to reconfigure the modems by approaching every home immediately, As this is a simple configuration, which you can do it by yourself, please follow the below-mentioned steps.
After the attack, you might not be able to access modem URL, for configuring the modem, and the BSNL broadband network circle after analysing the problem suggestions to their best-beloved customers to be carried out to resolve the issue.
Different ways to remove BSNL broadband modem malware
- Reset (hard) your broadband modems
- Change the modem login password instead of default admin to access the BSNL broadband modem.
- Re Configure BSNL broadband username and password.
- Configure wireless access point Wi-Fi activation again.
- Disable UPnP, CWMP (if available).
- Activate Access control list and provide secure IP addresses.
- Enable Firewall.
- Update the firmware with the patch provided in BSNL Motive Selfcare software portal and restart the modem to factory default settings.
With this new configuration, you can easily manage your delay time to get access to the internet up to the time of BSNL staff attending the problem.
Follow the below complete info with user-friendly screenshots to re configure the BSNL broadband modem without any assistance, and it is all just to restore the internet connection without further delay. Also, it is to remove the existing BSNL broadband modem malware and further attacks.
Reset BSNL Modem to prevent BSNL broadband modem malware
- Make sure that your BSNL broadband modem is in power on condition.
- Take a safety pin or a needle which ever is near by you.
- Press and hold the reset spring provided in the reset hole up to 10-15 seconds.
- Check the modem LEDs.
- Observe that all the LEDs gets Off and again starts glowing once.
- The essential thing is that WLAN LED should be off permanently after resetting. It is the indication for modem goes to the default condition.
- Even after reset, if your WLAN LED is glowing means, you BSNL broadband modem is not reset. So, try to give 4-5 gentle presses with safety pin or needle.
- Repeat the procedure until WLAN LED gets off, If WLAN should off, then it confirms the Reset.
Reconfiguration of BSNL Modems
- Open your browser.
- Type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and hit enter.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click on Interface Setup on the Home page.
- Fill all the required fields in Internet option.
- Keep the encapsulation mode in PPPoA / PPPoE
- Provide the service name as BSNL.
- Username as given by your ISP and password as “password.”
- Scroll down and click on Save option.
Configure WiFi Settings
- Now Click on Wireless option from Interface Setup to activate Wi-Fi.
- Selected Activated in Access Point available in Access Point Settings.
- Go to Multiple SSID Settings.
- Type your WiFi display name in SSID field.
- Change WiFi password in the Pre-Shared key field.
- Select Deactivated in Wireless MAC Address Filter (Don’t forget to do this deactivation)
- Click on Save the changes.
Change Modem Login Password
- Select Maintenance option in Home page.
- Click on Administration.
- You will show a username by allowing new password options.
- Provide your new password as your choice in New Password and Confirm Password.
- Finally, don’t forget to pinch on SAVE option here.
- With this, your modem is ready with your new login password to connect to the world.
Disable UPnP, CWMP (if available) and Activate Access control list to provide secure IP addresses
- Select ACCESS MANAGEMENT in BSNL modem home page.
- Click on ACL (Access Control List).
- Provide secure IP addresses as 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.20.
- Click on SAVE.
- Tap to UPnP shown at the right side top of the sub menu.
- Click on Deactivated in UPnP.
- Tap to Deactivated in Auto Configured.
- Click on SAVE button.
Setup Modem Firewall
- Tap Advanced Setup
- Click on Firewall
- Select Enabled in Firewall and SPI
- Select Save.
Restart BSNL Modem
- Finally, Go to Maintenance in SysRestart.
- Select Current settings and click on RESTART
Make every PC/Laptop Ethernet IPV4 property as “Obtain IP Address Automatically.”
If your personal computer(desktop) unable to identify the BSNL broadband modem, try to provide your system LAN IP address in the range as mentioned in secure IP addresses of ACL.
By following the above simple steps, you can reconfigure your BSNL broadband modem to get connected to the Internet to enjoy BSNL unlimited broadband plan benefits which you enjoyed previously.
With this above solution, you can completely obliterate BSNL broadband modem malware, and also, no cyber attacks will be possible with any new Virus, Malware, Spyware and to get control of your modem remotely, and Please share your experience in removal of broadband modem malware if any happened.